Some users report that they meet the Windows 11 DirectX Errors. The following are some best solutions for DirectX Windows 11.
DirectX is in charge of critical media-related tasks on your PC. The primary function of DirectX is to improve the performance of your PC’s audio and visual hardware. You will receive improved visual quality, gaming experience, and audio quality with DirectX installed on your Windows 11 PC. DirectX is pre-installed on your PC and is automatically updated to provide uninterrupted performance and reduce the likelihood of mistakes.
Although Windows 11 DirectX Errors are uncommon, they are not impossible to experience. DirectX errors will impact your PC’s audio and visual hardware.
How To Fix the DirectX Errors On Windows 11
If you encounter DirectX errors, this guide will have some possible fixes to assist in troubleshooting Windows 11 DirectX Errors.
It is most likely caused by out-of-date DirectX software. Although DirectX is routinely updated, you may see Windows 11 DirectX Errors if it is not. The steps to upgrade DirectX to the current version are as follows:
- Tap on this link to head to the DirectX download page on your browser.
- From here, download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web on your PC.
- Afterward, run your downloaded set to update the DirectX to the latest version.
- When done, restart your PC; you should no longer face DirectX Errors on Windows 11.
Update Windows 11
Another typical cause of Windows 11 DirectX Errors is an unfinished Windows update. You should try upgrading Windows to the most recent version and see if the problem persists. Follow the instructions below to upgrade to Windows 11.
1. Simply open the Settings app on your Windows 11 PC. Press Windows + I key combo to do so.
2. Tap on Windows Update on the left sidebar of the Settings app.
3. After that, on the right side, tap on Check for Updates button.
4. Download & install all the updates your PC finds, then restart your PC.
Update The Drivers On Your PC
You should try upgrading the driver on your PC and then see if the Windows 11 DirectX Errors persists. After that, you may update the drivers in the Windows Update section from the Optional Update section. To do so, follow the instructions below:
1. Hit the Windows + I key combo to open the Settings app.
2. Afterward, head to the Windows Update section from the left sidebar of the Settings.
3. On the right side, tap on the Advanced Options and Optional Updates.
4. Next, tap on Driver Updates and download & install all the available updates.
Run SFC Scan
You can try performing an SFC scan to see if it can help you resolve any issues on your PC (including DirectX errors) caused by damaged system files. Follow the instructions below to execute an SFC scan.
ALSO SEE: Windows 11 VPN Not Working
1. Search for CMD in the Start Menu. Then, right-click on the search result and choose Run as Administrator.
2. In the Command Prompt, simply type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to execute the command.
3. Afterward, the SFC scan will run now. Wait for the process to complete, then restart your PC.
Perform A Clean Boot
You can attempt a clean boot if you are experiencing Windows 11 DirectX Errors. The steps for doing a clean boot are shown below.
1. Tap on the Start icon on the Taskbar.
2. After that, on the Start Menu, search for System Configuration, then open it.
3. Head to the Services tab in the System Configuration window.
4. Check the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox and click on Disable All.
5. Afterward, head to the Startup tab in the System Configuration app window and tap on Open Task Manager.
6. Next, please tap on the app with high impact, and tap on Disable to disable it.
7. Restart your PC, and you’ll no longer face the issue.
Perform System Restore
If none of these resolves the Windows 11 DirectX Errors, the final step is to conduct a system restore. To proceed with this step, you must have a restore point established when your PC was running normally and not experiencing any problems. To do so, follow the instructions below:
1. First, open the Run Dialog Box on your PC by pressing the Windows + R key combo.
2. Next, in the Run Dialog Box, type rstrui and hit Enter to open it. It will open the System Restore wizard.
3. Tap on Choose a different restore point and click Next to continue.
4. Now on the next window, choose your restore point after you’ve selected the restore point, tap on Next.
5. Wait for the process to complete, and tap on Finish.
6. When done, you should no longer face the DirectX errors on Windows 11.
In the preceding post, I addressed several troubleshooting techniques for Windows 11 DirectX Errors. If you run into a problem with DirectX, follow the steps in this article, and you will be able to fix the problem without a hitch.