Are you unable to shut down your computer? Many customers have reported that Windows 11 Not Shutting Down. You may get this error for a variety of reasons. It might be due to a glitch in your system, an app interfering with the correct operation of our PC, or a combination of factors. There’s no require to be concerned if you experience the Windows 11 Not Shutting Down problem.
You can roll up your sleeves and try out these troubleshooting methods to fix Windows 11 Not Shutting Down.
Fix Windows 11 PC Won’t Shut Down
This post will discuss resolving the Windows 11 won’t shut down issue. If you haven’t yet installed the most recent version of Windows 11, you should do so.
This article covers all the possible solutions that’ll help you get past the Windows 11 Not Shutting Down problem. So, let’s get right to it.
Ensure You Have Set The Power Button To Shut Down
You may adjust what your PC’s power button can accomplish. For example, you may configure the power button to put your computer to sleep, do nothing, turn off the display, or shut down the PC. For example, if you push the power button to shut down the computer and nothing happens, the power button may have been set to Do nothing.
To check & assign the power button to shut down your PC, follow the simple steps given below-
1. Navigate to your PC’s Control Panel. Next, navigate to the Hardware and Sound section of the control panel. Next, select the power button’s performance by clicking on the power choices.
2. Now, select shut down from the drop-down box next to the When I hit the power button option. If you’re using a laptop, you’ll need to enable the Shut Down option for both On Battery and Plugged In.
3. Afterward, click the Save Changes button to save the changes.
After that, you should be able to shut down your computer by clicking the power button again. However, if you cannot shut down your PC using the power button, there may be a problem with the system or a faulty power button. So, you can try to resolve the Windows 11 Not Shutting Down issue by following the procedures outlined in this article.
Try Normal Method To Shut Down Your PC
It would help if you tried shutting the PC in the standard way we always do.
1. Head to the Start menu, then tap on the power icon.
2. Next, click on shut down to shut down your PC.
3. You may also receive the shutdown prompt by pressing Alt + F4 on the desktop. You may use that option to shut off your PC.
If it doesn’t work, try pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del. To view the power symbol in the lower left corner, you will see a black screen. Click on it, then select Shut Down. You’ll be capable of shutting down your computer.
Use Command Prompt to Shutdown
If PC Won’t Turn Off after Clicking “Shut down”, you may try shutting down your computer via the command prompt. For example, you might try performing the shutdown command in Windows 11 to resolve the issue and shut down your computer. Follow the steps below to use the command prompt to shut down your computer.
1. Open the Start menu by pressing the Windows key or tapping the Start icon.
2. Search for CMD in the Start menu. Next, right-click the command prompt and choose to execute as administrator. It grants the command prompt administrator privileges, allowing it to change the system.
3. In the command prompt, enter the command shutdown /s and hit Enter to execute it.
4. Next, your PC will be shut down, and you’ll no longer face the Windows 11 PC Won’t Shut Down or Turn Off issue.
Update The Windows And Drivers
If any of the preceding techniques helped you shut down your PC, but you still have the Windows 11 Not Shutting Down reddit problem every time you turn it on, you might try updating your Windows.
1. Navigate to the Settings app on your PC to get the most recent Windows update and driver update. You may accomplish this by hitting the Windows + I key combination.
2. Head to the Windows update section from the left sidebar in Settings.
3. Now tap on check for updates. Download & install all the updates that your PC finds. Additionally, check the optional updates section because there will be driver updates.
ALSO SEE: Fix Minecraft aka.ms/accountsettings Error Code
4. When done, restart your PC, and the issue should be fixed.
Multiple third-party apps like Driver Booster or DriverPack Solution update the drivers on your PC.
Run System Restore
If you still encounter the Windows 11 does not shutdown properly problem, then you should try running a system restore. It will revert your PC to the last restore point you created. To run system restore, follow the easy steps given below-
1. In the Start menu, search for the create a restore point option, then open it.
2. You’ll be headed to the System Restore tab in the System Properties. Here tap on System Restore.
3. In the System Restore window, click on next.
4. Select the restore point you set previously when the system was operating normally, and then click Next. Finally, click on scan for affected programs to see what modifications will be made to your system.
5. Using the system restore, follow the on-screen directions to restore your system.
After that, the system will function normally, and you can shut down your computer without incident.
When you go through the above solutions to fix the Windows 11 Not Shutting Down, you should be able to power off your PC as usual. But, as always, let me know which one of the solutions did the trick for you.
Leave a Reply